University of Guam (UOG), Center for Island Sustainability (CIS), Pacific Islands Climate Science Center (PI-CSC)07/01/2017Cassandra Flores-Hughes12/31/20183012/03/2018114+9, 10, 11, 12Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
Students will assist research assistants with their projects such as:
- Digitize, archive, organize, and catalog maps of Micronesia
- Locate components of a map (scale, legend, north arrow, title, author, source, date, type, etc.)
- Enter map components into a graphic organizer and database (using a computer provided by UOG)
- Service learning is not limited to data entry and research
GDOE Content Standards to be addressed are:
WG.3.1 Analyze maps, globes, satellite images, photographs, or diagrams using the following:
• Geographical information about the world’s countries, cities, and environments
• The concepts of location, scale, map projection, or orientation
• Mental maps of world regions
• Political, physical, and thematic maps
Schedule your hours with Ms. Flores-Hughes
Sign and submit parent consent form
Log in hours daily
Write a reflection paper addressing what you learned about geography and how this activity was service.
- Require special handling (Ms. Flores-Hughes will give instructions)
Issue AreaGeography Skills
Point of Contact Informations
Comments about the Project Location
Contact Ms. Flores-Hughes for directions.
We are located at the University of Guam at the Center for Island Sustainability office. Here is a map link to our office.
Our address is House 32 Dean Circle Mangilao, Guam 96913
Contact us if you have any questions about our location.
Education, Environment Stewardship
Social Studies, Environmental Science, Geography, Chamorro
Outside of School
Open - Sign up
Cassandra-Jay T. Flores-Hughes