Guam Girl Scouts07/03/2017Melanie Reyo08/04/20177506/09/20175016+10, 11, 12Not Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
Volunteers will be guiding our scouts to learning new "Skills for Life" and having fun while doing so! You will be assisting our girls during all summer camp activities. Volunteers will also be assisting in the set up/break down of camp. We are looking for students to volunteer per week (multiple weeks are welcomed!). Volunteers must complete training prior to camp. Volunteer training will be held from June 27 - 29. Hours earned can range from 36 to 106 hours if volunteering for multiple weeks. Our camp schedule is as follows:
Week 1: July 3 - 8, K - 1st grade
Week 2: July10 - 14, 2nd - 3rd grade
Week 3: July 17 - 21, 4th - 5th grade
Practice personal character traits that facilitate thoughtful and effective participation in civic life, including the
• Trustworthiness and honesty
• Courtesy and respect for the rights of others
• Responsibility, accountability, and self-reliance
Explain the importance of thoughtful and effective participation in civic life, including the following:
• Performing public service
1) Complete Volunteer Agreement Form
2) Meet with Guam Girl Scouts Executive Director
3) Complete Volunteer Training (June 27 - 29)
4) Participate in at least 1 week of Day Camp: Sign in and out.
5) Complete Day Camp Reflection : Give examples of how you demonstrated one or more of these character traits: trustworthiness, honesty, responsibility, accountability, self-reliance. How was your participation an example of public service.
Females only - due to the fact that volunteers must be register as Girl Scouts.
Issue AreaSkills for Life
Agency DescriptionGirl Scouts is an informal education program that strives to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
Point of Contact Informations
Comments about the Project Location
Girl Scout Summer Camp will be held at the Plaza Shopping Center in the old GAP location.
Art, Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, Ecology, Environmental Science, Culinary, Business, Consumer and Family Science, Computer Education, English, Drama
Outside of School
Sign Up Date Passed