1) Rotaract Club of the Marianas 2) Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness Center09/16/2016Jacqualine B. Fathal09/16/2016709/15/20163014+9, 10, 11, 12Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
Rotaract Youth Leadership Conference will be held at the Pacific Star Resort & Spa Hotel on Friday, September 16, 2016 from 8 am to 4 pm. Young leaders will have the opportunity to collaborate with one another in a series of workshops, team building activities and energizer games. The event will feature Keynote Speaker Oliver Alvarez, Senior Deputy Governor of Youth Service from the Rotary International District 3810 of the Philippines. His dynamic presentation will bring his professional experience of working in and for the community of the Philippines to the Guam audience in hopes of inspiring change and positive attitudes.
Entrepreneurs, business, politics, government service, education, and medical field.
This project's objective is to give potential leaders the skills for success in whatever field they decide to pursue. Participants will build skills in public speaking, substance abuse prevention, financial literacy and entrepreneurship.
Students will turn in their field trip forms and registration forms by lunch time on Thursday, September 15, 2016. Then on Friday, September 16, 2016 students will report to Counselors: Jackie Fathal and Gian Comia in the lobby of the hotel by 7:30 am to sign-in. Students will have to be dropped off and picked up by parents/guardians at the Pacific Star Resort & Spa hotel because no bus transportation to and from the school will be provided.
1) Preparation: The students have been informed about the conference, what it entails, and its beneficial gain: they will learn a great deal when they participate in the workshops, team building activities and energizer games. Also, students will turn in their field trip forms and their conference registration forms.
2) Action: Students will collaborate and share with fellow peers through the activities they will participate in at the conference and after the conference.
3) Reflection: Students will type a 1 page single-spaced reflection paper about their experience at the conference, and how they will apply what they have learned from the conference in the present and in the future to ensure their success overall.
4) Celebration: Students will receive a Certificate of Participation from the Rotaract Club of the Marianas.
Students must be dropped off to the hotel and picked-up at the hotel by their parents because bus transportation will not be provided to and from the hotel.
Issue AreaLeadership Development
Agency Description1) Rotaract Club of the Marianas is a local non-profit service organization sponsored by Guam's Rotary Clubs. The organization seeks to address the community's needs through service as wells as to build young professionals to become ethical and effective leaders. 2) Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness Center is a Government of Guam agency that exists to provide Mental Health & Substance Abuse treatment to adults and children to Guam's population as a direct provider of services or through contracting services outside the institution.
Point of Contact Informations
Cell phone: 482-2416
Comments about the Project Location
The conference will be held at the Pacific Star Resort & Spa Hotel's ballroom room number 1.
George Washington High School
This project is only available to the 30 students who have been approved to attend the conference with school counselors Ms. Jackie Fathal and Mr. Gian Comia.
Outside of School
Jacqualine B Fathal