Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense and Guam Youth Preparedness Program and Governorâ€™s Serve Guam Commission09/03/2016Mrs. Darlene Quichocho09/09/2016509/03/2016013+9, 10, 11, 12Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
Join us as we work together to help empower, educate and build resilience among the youth through, volunteerism in service as we advance preparedness and equal access. It is our goal to help 21st century youth and volunteers utilize all their assets – time, talent, voice and resources – to build strong, vibrant communities around our island. Join us as we celebrate and shape the future of volunteerism!
- Become familiar with current literature detailing the benefits of volunteerism.
- Learn about the resources both locally and nationally.
- Learn to identify essential components of volunteerism.
- Learn about the specific benefits of volumteerism.
- Volunteer to attend the summit.
- Complete, sign and have your parents sign the Regristration form and Permission, Waiver and Release form.
- On September 3, 2016, go to the Pacific Star Hotel @ the Chamorro Ballroom:
- Attire: Sunday best
- Arrive to sign in and pick up packet no later than 7:30am
- Attend summit: 8am - 5pm (sign out with Mrs. Q if you cannot stay the for the entire summit)
- Must take one group picture with Mrs. Q and students
- Write a one page reflection and email Mrs Q at firstname.lastname@example.org DUE NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 9, 2016
ZERO service learning hours if instructions are not followed.
Issue AreaDisaster and emergency preparedness
Agency DescriptionThis summit is coordinated by the Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense and its Guam Youth Preparedness Program, the Governorâ€™s Serve Guam Commission and is supported by the Guam Department of Education and its Service Learning Program, and US Department of Homeland Security/FEMA.
Point of Contact Informations
- Ms. Kiahna Espia, Co-Chairperson, FEMA Youth Preparedness Council / Program Coordinator, GHS/OCD Guam Youth Preparedness Program, via email at email@example.com
- Ms. Maria Loralyn Romulo, Planner I, GHS/OCD, at (671) 475-9600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Carmen L. Garrido, Serve Guam Commission at email@example.com
Comments about the Project Location
Time/Date: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / Saturday, September 3, 2016
Location: Pacific Star Resort and Spa, 627B Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam
“Advancing Preparedness, Equal Access and Volunteerism in Service”
George Washington High School
Outside of School
Darlene Respicio Eay Quichocho