Guam Christian Church: E-Soccer Guam.03/04/2017M. Brian McMillan04/29/20172004/29/20172012+9, 10, 11, 12Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
#1... YOU MUST BE PREAPPROVED in order to participate in this Esoccer program . (See above "descriptions" for directions.)
1. Support Head Coach in facilitating an inclusion atmosphere for both children with special needs and typically developing children.
2. Help set up soccer field, and put away cones and goals for program.
3. Help coach children to work together on their team.
Good character development may be used in every career choice.
1. To create inclusion for children with special needs to a team atmosphere that creates a sense of belonging.
2. Educating typically developing children of the importance to look after their fellow peer. To educate them to accept those who are different with compassion and empathy.
3. Guam Content Standards for Social Studies:
Practice personal character traits that facilitate thoughtful and effective participation in civic life, including the
• Trustworthiness and honesty
• Courtesy and respect for the rights of others
• Responsibility, accountability, and self-reliance
Explain the importance of thoughtful and effective participation in civic life, including the following:
• Performing public service
1. Attend a 4 hour training session on March 4 from 9am-1pm at the UOG facilities in Mangilao, which will prepare you for serving children with special needs (for example, helping them to kick soccer balls into goals). Create opportunities for typically developing children to think about and care about their special friends' success on a team.
2. Show up to serve at the Dededo Sports Complex every Saturday from March 11th until April 29th from 3:30-5:30 pm. 3:30-4:00 set up. 4:00-5:00 scrimmage. 5:00-5:30 tear down.
3. In order to earn the service learning hours, students must show evidence of learning in this project. Students can write a short essay, create a poster, or do a photo slide show with captions for their reflection. Your reflection should address: In what way did I demonstrate being trustworthy? In what way did I show respect for the rights of others? Why was this project a public service? Upload your reflection to your dashboard.
4. You must arrange for one of your teachers to input your service learning hours to Power School. Show the documentation from Coach Brian and your reflection to the teacher.
Participation in Esoccer Guam 2017 is only by Brian McMillan's approval upon receiving Coach registration form. No exceptions. If anyone has signed up via GuamServiceLearning.com without filling out a Coach registration form, and approved by Brian, that is not enough to participate. Slots have already been filled with applicants but we will accept more applicants for review should any former applicants not show up. Go to www.guamchristianchurch.org to download Esoccer Coach registration form.
Issue AreaDededo Sports Complex soccer field
Agency DescriptionAn inclusion soccer program for children with special needs. Must fill out Coach registration form, turn in to Brian, and be approved to participate in this project.
Point of Contact Informations
M. Brian McMillan.
Comments about the Project Location
Inclusion soccer program for Children with special needs.
Education, Health Services, Social Welfare
Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, Special Education , Psychology , Sociology
Outside of School
Open - Sign up
Michael Brian McMillan