Simon Sanchez High School10/08/2015Wendie Flores05/05/2016304/30/20151014+9, 10, 11, 12Suitable for Persons with DisabilitiesNo Costs
SSHS students will be tutoring students in various subject areas in the ASPIRE Program at Maria Ulloa Elementary School. Aside from tutoring, students will have the opprotunity to create and/or deliver the lesson/activity to the students in the program. There will be a chair and co-chair that will create the lesson/activity for that day. All other participants will assist in carrying out the lesson/activity that was planned.
Please be sure to read the instructions because there are requirements that need to be fulfilled before participating in this service learning acitivity.
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
-Tutor students in the ASPIRE program in all subject areas: English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Health, P.E., and Art.
-Create lessons/activities in the different subject areas.
-Delivery of lesson/activities to the students.
-Generalize skills learned in school to the community.
-Promote and demonstrate positive behavior
- Members/Inductees of SSHS FEA and interested students in Mrs. W. Flores' class may sign-up at Rm. 203 during FEA meetings, break, or lunch time.
- Members/Inductees of SSHS FEA need to receive approval from one of their teachers for this school year to earn the hours.
- Only 5-10 people at a time will be able to attend the tutoring sessions for the scheduled days.
- Tutoring will take place on Thursdays from 3:00pm - 5:00pm at Maria Ulloa Elementary.
- One of the advisors (Mrs. W. Flores, Ms. Espiritu, Ms. Aquino, or Mrs. Lujan) of SSHS FEA will be supervising students on the days of tutoring. Everyone will meet near the office before heading to the classroom(s).
- Be sure to sign-in with one of the FEA officers or advisors when attending the tutoring session.
- Parent/Guardian are responsible for transporting their child to and from the site and ensure to pick-up no later than 5:15pm.
- Signed parent letter/parent consent must be turned in before participating in this acitivity. Pick-up and return the form to Mrs. W. Flores in rm. 203.
- All students attending the tutoring must attend the briefing in rm. 203 during the FEA meeting held 2nd half of lunch on Thursday, October 8, 2015. Briefing must be done before tutoring.
- A chair and co-chair will be assigned for each Thursday. They are responsible for creating the lesson/activity for the day. All other participants will assist in carrying out the lesson. Lessons/activities need to be approved by one of the advisors before carried out with the students in the ASPIRE program.
- Students are to write a reflection and any other requirements given by the teacher that approved the service learning.
- Safety first, demonstrate appropriate behavior.
- Do not roam around the campus.
- Do not play on the playground.
- Misbehavior will not be tolerated. Misbehavior will result in being prohibited from attending the remaining tutoring sessions.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the site. Be sure to be picked up by 5:15pm.
Issue AreaEducation-enhance learning
Point of Contact Informations
Mrs. Wendie Flores
Phone: 653-2313 ext. 3550 (work), 747-0632 (cell)
Comments about the Project Location
Location is at Maria Ulloa Elementary School on Thursdays from 3:00pm - 5:00pm. Meet near the office to receive further instruction from the advisor on what classroom we will be heading to.
Simon Sanchez High School
Simon Sanchez High School - FEA members & inductees/Teachers of the members & inductees, and Mrs. W. Flores' students
Science, Art, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, English, Math
Outside of School
Wendie K. Flores